I’m the founder and CEO of Sevah Consulting, based in Chicago, IL. I work with nonprofits that are in transition– leadership, strategic, and/operating shifts that require nuanced and deft guidance during uncertain times.
I was inspired to start Sevah Consulting after seeing several nonprofits struggle during through major leadership and programmatic transitions. In one case, a long-time executive left the organization. Other organizations I know struggled with completion of a new strategic plan and managing communications and messaging to its staff, volunteers, and donors as it underwent its transformation. In each case, the uncertainty caused by the transitions meant lost opportunities and funding.
I’ve spent my entire career working with and for nonprofit organizations and have developed deep bench strength in the areas that make nonprofits unique. My clients include Between Friends, an organization dedicated to ending domestic violence, and Chicago Abortion Fund. As interim Executive Director, my role has been to oversee all aspects of the agency’s programs and operations, as well as tackle special projects in preparation for the next leader, such as completing the annual financial audit, facilitating completion of a new strategic plan, or implementing a new staffing structure.
I am a nonprofit professional through and through; my experience includes roles as:
- Director of Development and Communications for a homeless-serving agency;
- Executive Director of a statewide women’s health coalition;
- Development Officer at a women’s foundation;
- Advocacy Manager at an industry watchdog group; and,
- Program Manager at a health think tank.
My experience also includes consulting with nonprofits and philanthropic organizations in program development, communications, and fundraising. I’ve also served on state and local leadership boards, including:
- California Office of Health Equity/Office of Women’s Health Advisory Board;
- ACCESS Women’s Health Justice Board of Directors;
- About-Face Board of Directors
- Whittier Elementary School (Oak Park) PTO
I believe in ongoing education as a way to both expand and deepen my skill set. My educational credits include:
- MPH from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- BA from Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, Illinois
- Certificate of Nonprofit Management from University of Illinois-Chicago
- Nonprofit Communications Training from Spin Academy (California)
- Change Management Certificate from Cornell University (online)
I’m driven to help our sector solve some of its more entrenched challenges and am excited to partner with you to help you address whatever issues your organization faces.